Teen Advisory Board
Brighton District Library Teen Advisory Board
Want to make your voice heard in the community, develop leadership skills and have fun making new friends?
The Teen Advisory Board is a place share ideas about activities, materials and changes to implement to make the library a destination for teens.
What Does the Teen Advisory Board Do?
TAB’s mission is to help the Brighton District Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens. TAB meets with Kate Wheeler, Teen Services Librarian, on a monthly basis during the school year to brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about teen library programs, materials and to sign up for ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Tasks for Board Members
- Help spread the word about programs and services for teens at the Library
- Volunteer at Library programs
- Be an active library user in order to provide targeted feedback about programs and services
- Share your ideas at monthly TAB meetings!
Teen Advisory Board Membership Requirements
Members of the Brighton District Library Teen Advisory Board must:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Complete TAB application (at the bottom of the page)
- Attend new member orientation
- Commit to serving a 1 year term on TAB through active involvement (September – June)
- Attend monthly meetings
- Volunteer as needed for library programming
- TAB members will be required to help with both the Fall and Spring Friends of the Library Book Sale.
- TAB members must come in for at least 1 volunteer shift (in addition to monthly meeting)
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship and college applications
If you have any additional questions feel free to contact the Teen Librarian by using the form below.