Summer Junior Volunteer Applications are now available and are due back by
5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Who can be a Junior Volunteer?
- Kids from ages 11-15
What could I possibly do as a Junior Volunteer?
- Help with children's programs
- Prepare craft materials
- Help set up and clean up program areas
- Assist in straightening and picking up the children's department.
- Participate in the Teen Advisory Board
How can I become a Junior Volunteer?
- Fill out a Junior Volunteer application available at the youth desk. You may be asked to attend an interview and/or orientation session.
Why? What will I get out of this?
- Valuable job experience
- An opportunity to meet new people
- Knowing I am promoting reading and literacy in my community
- Volunteering will look great on my resume
When do I start?
- School year volunteer schedules begin in September
- Depending on your schedule, you will be assigned between 1-3 hours per week
Who can I call if I have questions?
Please call Youth Services at 810-229-6571, x223