Readers of all ages will exercise their minds and bodies this summer during the Summer Reading Program, 6/12 to 8/5 at the Brighton District Library. This year’s theme, On Your Mark,
Get Set…Read! lends itself to a fun fast-paced emphasis on fitness, sports, wellness, and more.
On Sunday, June 12, from 1-4 pm, the library will kick off the start of the Summer Reading Program with Springfest, a free celebration for all ages. Stop by the library for an afternoon of entertainment, games, activities, ice cream, and fun for the whole family.
Springfest Activities Include:
- Gladiator Joust, 1-4pm: Kids 10 and older are invited to be the last one standing whenthey knock their opponent off a disc using a padded jousting stick.
- Colors the Clown, 1-4pm: Families will enjoy a Magic Show and balloon creations for the kids.
- Jumpin’ All Stars, 1:30-2:30pm: Livingston County’s Jumpin’ All Stars are a competitive jump rope team, ranked 8th in the nation. These high-energy performers will do jump rope stunts and tricks that are incredible to watch.
- Phoenix Freerunning Academy, 2-4pm: Kids are invited to participate in a fast-paced workshop where moving quickly from one point to another and overcoming obstacles along the way is how you reach the finish line.
- Tim Thurman, 2-4pm: Guinness Book of World Record winner Thurman will create realistic one-of-a-kind balloon art with speed and precision.
Registration for the Summer Reading Program will be available throughout the Springfest Celebration. Participants can pick up a summer calendar of activities and a log sheet, and once registered choose what to read, when to read, and where to read. Every seven days of reading or listening equals a gently used book of your choice.
To learn more about Springfest or the Summer Reading Program go to brightonlibrary.info or call 810-229-6571 ext. 223. Springfest and the Summer Reading Program are generously sponsored by the Friends of the Brighton District Library.