The Brighton District Library is fortunate to be approached by many local authors who would like to share their work with library patrons through presentations and signing events. The Brighton District Library is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning, and supports local authors in their efforts.
To serve both local authors and library patrons, The Brighton District Library offers thrice yearly Local Author Showcase events. Each Showcase features 10 authors; each has five minutes to talk about his or her book(s). After all the presentations, authors may meet, talk with, and sell their books to those attending.
- Authors must bring their own books to sell and will be responsible for all sales (types of currency accepted, sales taxes, etc).
- Books must have first publication dates of 2016-2018.
- Authors who have had prior Brighton District Library presentation/signing events will not be eligible to participate in a Showcase for the same book.
- Brighton District Library will publicize each Showcase through other channels (posters,
e-newsletters, email blasts, press releases and social media, or some subset of these).
- The Brighton District Library will provide meeting rooms, tables, refreshments and library staff to do introductions for each Showcase event.
- There will be no charge for the authors or for those attending.
- The Brighton District Library would be pleased to add a donated copy of your book to its collection.
Participation in Local Author Showcase is by application only. Please complete the application below by the appropriate deadline.
Brighton District Library
100 Library Drive
Brighton, MI 48116
Call Sarah at 810-229-6571 x230 with questions.