The Brighton District Library is fortunate to be approached by many local authors who would like to share their work with library patrons through presentations and signing events. The Brighton District Library is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning, and supports local authors in their efforts.
To serve both local authors and library patrons, The Brighton District Library offers twice yearly Local Author Showcase events. Each Showcase features up to 12 authors (this number may be reduced based on Library space).
- Authors must bring their own books to sell and will be responsible for all sales (types of currency accepted, sales taxes, etc).
- Books must have first publication dates of 2018-2020.
- Authors who have had prior Brighton District Library presentation/signing events will not be eligible to participate in a Showcase for the same book.
- Brighton District Library will publicize each Showcase through other channels (posters, e-newsletters, email blasts, press releases and social media, or some subset of these).
- The Brighton District Library will provide meeting rooms, tables, refreshments, and library staff to do introductions for each Showcase event.
- There will be no charge for the authors or for those attending.
- The Brighton District Library will accept a donated copy of your book, but does not guarantee it will be added to the collection. Please click here for our collection development guidelines.
Participation in Local Author Showcase is by application only. Please complete the application below by the appropriate deadline.
Brighton District Library
100 Library Drive
Brighton, MI 48116