Tuesday October 17, 5pm – 9pm. Members only – memberships available at the door.
About the Friends
Friends of the Brighton District library is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to actively work to strengthen and support the Brighton District Library.
Funds from our memberships, book sales, special events, and your donations go toward much needed programming, equipment, and services at the Library. Some of our past and current achievements include:
- Summer Reading Programs
- Livingston Reads
- Writer’s Workshops for Teens and Adults
- Books for Babies Kits
- Books and Materials for the Special Needs Collection
- Mango Languages (online language & culture learning)
- Holiday Open House
- Movie Licenses (allows the library to show films to the public)
Consider volunteering if you’d like to learn a new skill, meet people, boost your career options, or simply make a difference in the community. Here are some ways to help with the friends.
- Used Book Sales: Held twice-yearly, our book sales are always in need of publicists, cashiers, book re-stockers and more!
- Friends Board of Directors: Shape the direction of the Friends organization through a leadership position on the Friends Board.
Become a Member
Memberships may be purchased anytime at the library or at the bi-annual Used Booksale.
A membership form is available for download if you would prefer to print it out and mail it in with a check. Please make check payable to: “Friends/Brighton Library” Mail or deliver this form and your check to: Brighton District Library 100 Library Dr Brighton, MI 48116.
This organization is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the extent provided by the law.
- Member-only access to the opening night of our bi-annual Used Book Sales. Show your membership card at the door and be among the first to choose from thousands of titles.
- As a 501(c)3 organization, Friends dues and contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
- Access to future member events.
Lifetime Members also receive:
- Full tax deduction the first year of membership.
- A unique pin, indicating unparalleled library support.
- President: Marsha Luetjen
- Vice President: Sandy Bouwhuis
- Secretary: Mindy Kinsey
- Treasurer: Sue Wilson
- Bookstore: Dorothy Baldori
- Membership: Jane Cormier
- Book Transport Director: Manohar Jagasia (MJ)
- The Library accepts donations of books and other media (such as DVDs and audio books) whenever the Library is open.
- The Library does not accept VHS tapes, encyclopedias, textbooks (older than 5 years), Reader’s Digest condensed editions, or magazines.
- The Friends of the Brighton District Library also accepts monetary donations
The Amazon Smile Foundation donates 0.5% of purchases to chosen organizations. Choose The Friends of the Brighton
District Library as your chosen charitable organization.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- In the pick your own charitable organization box, type Friends of the Brighton District Library
- Choose select!
It’s that easy! Thank you for your support!